Monday, March 16, 2009

Bedtime Shenanigans

A couple of weeks ago I made the bold move of combining the children into one room. Altogether it has proven to be a good decision, making the bedtime routine more efficient and giving the boys the comfort of having another person in the room (not me). Not that it doesn't have its downsides... when one cries you pray that the other doesn't wake up, or Coryn finds that he can't go in his room while Carter is sleeping (not that he needs to). Here are a couple of recent bedtime child fun intances:

The boys were sick last week and thus a little more of light sleepers (most of the time either of them screaming in the night doesn't bother the sleeping one). Coryn 'woke' (and I use the term very lightly) up screaming like he always does when he needs to pee in the middle of the night. I raced in to try to salvage Carter's night, but he was screaming by the time I got there too. So I took Coryn into the bathroom and placed him in front of the toilet, seat up, pants down and went back to get Carter. Coryn's still crying and I go back to see what the matter is and I find him shuffling towards the sink, pants around his knees, and he's stopping at the stool having bumped into it... it was a close call, I got there just in time to redirect before firing!

I put the kids down pretty easily, both still awake when I left but thats not uncommon, and headed downstairs to gather the recycling. About one minute (seriously, could be less) later and I hear a "mom", I head to the bottom of the stairs, and there's Coryn. "Yes, dear?" "Carter's touching me." Their beds are on the opposite sides of the room. "He can't touch you when you're in bed, get in bed" "But why?!?" "Its bedtime" "But Carter's touching me!" "He can't touch you when you're in bed... get... in... bed." *sniffle* I head up to turn the music down about two minutes later (noticing it was much too loud) and Coryn was asleep.

No comments: