Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring Break!

Ok, so it wasn't for us, but it did throw me off all week seeing the school kids every day. I see this face fairly often from Carter these days. His "I want to play with that!" face.

On the 6th we went to the Botanical Gardens (again, yes) on a tour to pick potatoes... I dressed Carter appropriately except for galoshes, I need to get some for him! The lady who was giving the tour took photos and was nice enough to send me them.
Coryn had a ton of fun, really liked being a farmer and found the tiniest potatoes! We went with red potatoes since I like them and know a good recipe (thanks mom!) but they had white and even black potatoes up for grabs.

I had been raining some the day before and that morning so it was nice and squishy orange mud, you can't really tell how orange in the pictures. This was kind of funny to me since I grew up in Idaho and this was the first time I ever harvested potatoes... Japan of all places, and not the sweet kind. :)

Of course, after the potato picking and clothes changing, we had some free time to spend wandering the gardens, had to feed the fish again, and we were supposed to go look at a special flower that was just about to finish blooming but we didn't get there (check out the next post). We opted for feeding the goats and finding flower hats instead. This giant yellow flower grows on a tree and is almost done blooming too.







No comments: