Sunday, June 07, 2009

It's Captain Irish, Actually.

Not only was I promoted but I have found a place on the FOB where the internet will actually let me post pictures so hopefully there will be more to follow spanning several events around life on FOB Gardez...

This is my last official moment as an "LT" which means I'm actually about to get my last name given back to me!
And there it is... that extra bar comes with a nice raise too! :P (That would be my boss, the PRT XO LTC Cullison "pinning" me)
Per tradition all the captains and above gave me a shot to the rank... this would be 6' 4" 235 lbs CPT Brett Evans giving me a shot with his right hand. He's a southpaw so if he'd used his left I'm pretty sure I would not have lived to tell the tale.
Finally, this is one of my mechanics, Air Force Staff Sergeant Sosa throwing up a salute.

1 comment:

NateDredge said...

Congrates on the promotion, good to hear about whats going on in your life again. What are your feelings on Carters ballet?