Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm Home!

Well, after flying from Gardez, Afghanistan to Bagram, Afghanistan to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to Adonna, Turkey to Rammstein, Germany to Baltimore, MD to Charlotte, NC to Fayetteville, NC back to Charlotte, NC, to Denver, CO and finally arriving yesterday in good ole Boise, ID (in about two weeks I get to continue flying going from Boise, ID to San Francisco, CA to Tokyo, Japan to Naha, Okianwa... but for now I am enjoying being out of an air plane).

It's really good to be back. I'm hearing about many fun things that former members of my team are doing as they too seem to be enjoying their return to freedom. I am personally enjoying wearing civilian clothing and not shaving every day. Ah, it's the little things that you come to really appreciate. I'm sure I will be posting more in the coming weeks and months about my time down range, but for now, I'm just going to think about the sandwich I'm going to get for lunch tomorrow at the Brick Oven Bistro!

No comments: