Thursday, June 05, 2008

All in the Family


One of my fellow lieutenants in the unit has a brother in the 82nd Airborne Division and he decided to come to Okinawa on leave. During his first week on island he got scuba certified and on Saturday the three of us went diving! Jane chose a spot I hadn't been to before called Junkyard, however the nearby name sake had recently been cleared out. Maybe in the not too distant future the dive site will be called Apartment Complex, anyway...


In keeping with my tradition of seeing a sea snake on every dive I saw about 10 in the two dives we made, including these two... I imagine they were doing something mating related, either that or they were throwing down MMA style.



My favorite part of these dives was the lion fish just hanging out. It was the first time I'd seen one still enough to get a good picture of.







Jane and Drew swimming by.




Life abounds off Okinawa

No comments: