Sunday, May 18, 2008

Wackos Behind the Wheel 1

Before the creation of The Irish Messinger I had a blog called American Anthropologist where I would post about things that were going on at Boise State University, the world of sports and anything else that caught my fancy and fell into the all encompassing category of "miscellaneous."

You might be surprised to hear this but having a growing family and been an officer in the active duty Army is a bit of a time consumer, and because of that I haven't posted anything on American Anthropologist in over two years. In the past few weeks I have thought about reviving "AA" because I really enjoyed some of the more random posts that I made but I have decided that I put them here and subject all of our dedicated Irish Messinger readers to it instead.

With that said, you have been warned that my own personal "fusion of entertainment and enlightenment" (to plagiarize a phrase from my favorite radio and TV new personality Glenn Beck) is going to be inserted here from time to time.


Without further adieu, I give you the first of my series "Wackos Behind the Wheel"

This picture is real-not doctored in anyway-and was taken by a Transportation Supervisor for a company that delivers building material for 84 Lumber. When he saw it in the parking lot of an IHOP, he went and bought a camera to take pictures. The car is still running as can be witnessed by the exhaust. A woman is either asleep, or otherwise passed out, in the front passenger side. The guy driving it was jogging up and down Rt. 925 (in the background). Witnesses said their physical state was OTHER than normal. The driver finally came back after the police were called, and was found crouched behind the rear of the car, attempting to cut the twine off of the load! Luckily, the police stopped him and had the load removed. The materials were loaded at Home Depot. Their store manager said they had the customer sign a waiver. While the plywood and 2X4s are fairly obvious, what you can’t see is the back seat, which contains -- are you ready for this? -- 10 bags of concrete 80 lbs. each. They estimated the load weight at 3000 lbs. Both back tires exploded, the wheels bent and the back shocks were driven through the floorboard. The car, with Florida plates, was headed for Annapolis, where the couple presumably planned to build a new house in which to smoke their crack.

No comments: