Tuesday, February 17, 2009

International Orchid Festival 2

You may have hear that the world of orchids is very intense, and its true, whether it be coaxing the flowers to grow and bloom perfectly or the search for rare finds in the wild, the fact that there is a black market for orchids is proof alone that many love this sport perhaps a little too much. I couldn't pay full attention to what I was looking at while entertaining the kids, so I didn't get to see all they had displayed nor did I know until I got home what I accidentally captured. Competition extends beyond showing a potted plant or cut flowers to include commercial and themed displays (commercial I'm assuming to be what you would see in a store window). That being said... here are a few winners.
One of the placed displays... couldn't tell you what place, but it has a ribbon.

First place cut flowers.




First place potted.


Grand Champion I believe.

Not sure about this one.... might have been top of the 'hanging' flowers... note how its hung from the ceiling.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa where is the orchid festival at and do they still have it on display now. I have always wanted to go to it.