Saturday, December 03, 2005

Quartermaster Leads the Way... Hooah!


By Jackson

On November 14th, I was finally informed of the specific branch I will be in when I commission into the Army in May. I have been placed in the versatile quartermaster corps, which is the branch I wanted. I'm very excited about the opportunities this branch should give me, and if nothing else, if I decide to get out before retirement age, I will be a highly trained logistician, quartermasters are some of the most highly sought after ex-military personnel in the civilian world.

Lisa and I still do not know where we our first duty station will be, but it is now guaranteed that we will spend four months in Virginia, home of the quartermaster corps for my officer basic course before we get to our first station. Hopefully we will have dates and locations by March, but for now we're forced to play a waiting game until we hear from the Army.

No comments: